There are various widespread myths about astrology. First, let’s understand the meaning of the word ‘astrology’. Astrology is the science of interpreting the influence of positions or vibrations of planets and stars on human affairs. Most of us have heard about astrology, but we do not have an in-depth knowledge about it and end up believing certain myths!
Some common wrong beliefs or myths about astrology
- Astrology is a set of beliefs or a religious system: Astrology is a philosophy dependent upon movements of planets and stars that relate to people. It is like an economics which forecasts future predictions and in NO way constitutes a belief system of any sort. An accurate astrological prediction is instrumental in predicting the nature of relationships, family history, career, financial prosperity, health issues and other recurring problems.
- Astrology denies freedom of choice: This is probably one of the most common misconceptions that people have regarding astrological predictions; believing and simply waiting for events to happen according to what their stars say. Astrology, on the other hand, gives a roadmap like a GPS device that navigates you to a particular destination; it’s up to you how you make use of the available options efficiently by exercising your FREE WILL.
- Astrology is all about Sun signs & Horoscopes: Even though our sun sign is an intrinsic part of astrology, it does not define us wholly, it’s just a part of who we are. A combination of sun sign and our birth chart can give us a picture of as to who we are. So the next time you see your horoscope in the newspaper, don’t just stick to what you see. You are much more to that. By the way, Indian Astrology is based on the MOON sign called ‘Rashi fal’. Since the moon changes signs or ‘rashi’ every 2.5 days, the Indian system of Astrology is unbelievably highly accurate!
And these following myths about astrology are worth debunking too!
- Astrological Relationship compatibility is a fluke: Most of us find the sun sign compatibility to be fascinating, but it’s not quite the actual thing. It might just lead to disappointment and distrust about this field when those predictions don’t come true. Moreover, correct answers to problems of a strained relationship can be understood by an astrologer based on the natal or birth charts of the people involved, not merely by checking their sun sign compatibility.
- Astrology charts work only for people: Astrological predictions work for everything, as much as they work for people. Financial astrology charts businesses based on their date of the establishment. This is similar to geographical astrology which charts out cities, states, and townships.
Astrology, if handled in the right manner, can help us to guide towards a better future. As a science, astrology has proved valuable and helped people of all ages, races, and genders, without any bias.
Want to try Astrology? Get yourself an Astrological reading HERE!
About author :-
This is an article written by Abhishek Jindal.
Abhishek is the Chief prankster @ The Silver Lining, and while he’s not playing pranks, he also dons the hat of Chief Marketing Strategist! He’s actually a master at ‘let it go and be more happy’! More about him and The Silver Lining team HERE