As we say goodbye to 2016 and step into the New Year 2017, it’s the time for us to reflect on the past and plan for our future.
It’s the time to celebrate the accomplishments and all the goals that we achieved so far. It’s time to pat yourself on the back for all the hard work, the courage, the determination that went into achieving those goals. Its time to make new year resolutions and make this new year a grand success.
TIPS FOR SETTING NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS.
- Plan Ahead: Understand what are your aims and aspirations. Checklist your last year resolutions and see where you stand. Don’t go overly enthusiastic and create unrealistic goals that will baffle you. It feels great to become a billionaire in one year. Not that it’s impossible, but you might be setting yourself for quite an uphill battle.
- Create Smart Goals: Smart stands for Specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and timely goals. Adopting the SMART concept for making goals will help you in personal and professional life. Avoid anything vague or unrealistic. The more specific your goals are, the better are the chances for achieving them. Wishing to lose weight is a great thought, but identifying how many pounds you wish to shed will be a better and more specific goal.
- Set a Timeline: Break your goal into smaller steps and set a timeline. For example, I wish to lose weight is an unspecific and untimely goal. If you say you wish to lose 20 pounds by the first half of the year is a better, smarter goal. Set the timeline and stick to it. Always have a never give up attitude.
- Anticipate Challenges: Setting goals is probably the easiest part of goal making. Working towards achieving them requires a considerable determination and real hard work. Being realistic about your goals will help you stay on track and not give up. To lose weight you will have to avoid junk food, start exercising which requires a lot of time. If you are aware of the challenges beforehand, you are less likely to give up.
- Stay Committed: Setting goals and sticking to them will help you achieve success.You should never give up during tough situations. Instead, you should fight back and come out as a winner.
What goals have you set for the New Year 2017 and how do you plan to stay committed to them? Tell us in the comments below.
About the author :-
This article was written by Abhigna G.
Abhigna is a content writer. She likes cooking and listening to music. Her Life motto is: “Do what makes you happy”.