Most of us at some point in time must have come across the term “Affirmation”. But do we really understand the power of these positive thoughts statements?! Let’s take a dive into the world of affirmations today….
What is an Affirmation?
In simple words, it is a positive thoughts statement made to our own selves about our future or the goals we want to achieve. It sounds very simple and we usually think we can pick up a relevant affirmation from Google and achieve what we want to. Well! It is not completely untrue, however for it to work, one must understand the following two most essential aspects – how it works and picking up the most appropriate affirmation.
How does an Affirmation work?
In my last write-up titled ‘The Secret Power of Subconscious Mind‘, you might have gotten familiar with the functioning of our brain. It is the sub-conscious where the Affirmation creates the immediate positive thoughts impression, from where it is transferred to the conscious. When we repeat one particular thought in our mind with complete faith in it, our mind starts believing it to be true. Also, as we are made of energy that is connected to the Cosmos, it begins being manifested in reality. So the next question is how to get a most effective Affirmation?
Affirmations Rules & Tricks
Affirmation is a very simple yet powerful technique to achieve once dreams if practiced in the correct way. Let us understand some rules attached to finding or creating the right Affirmations for ourselves:
- Present tense: The positive thoughts affirmation has to always be in present tense. If you want a house of our own, avoid saying “I will have a house of my own”. Say “I have a house of my own!”.
- Repetitions are the key: The more we repeat it to ourselves, the faster our brain will make it happen. Therefore are no limits to how many times we can repeat it.
- Timing: The most effective time to make affirmations is when our sub-conscious is most active. It must be willing to make things happen for us. Therefore, we should repeat it as soon as we rise but are not fully awake. Also, when we are drowsy and going off to sleep.
- Faith: One of the most important aspects is to have faith in what we are saying. Without faith, our brain already believes it to be untrue and the whole logic of its working fails.
- One at a time! Focus is important for achieving our desired manifestation. Therefore, it is equally important to have one or two Affirmations at a time and not many together.
- What can be affirmed? We can have an affirmation for each and everything. However, affirmations will not work for things we already know are not possible. This can be understood with an example: Suppose I am 35 years of age and want my height to increase. If I start affirmations for this, my mind has enough evidence to know it is non-achievable and it will not become my reality.
- Root cause affirmations: Last but not the least, we should start working with affirmations on the root causes of the problems. Let us understand this with an example. Suppose I am unable to get a promotion for long and I start affirming “I am promoted to the next role”. It may not work out in the best way possible, until we look at other aspects of our life also to find out the root cause of it not happening. Maybe I am not ready to accept further responsibility in my life. So the Affirmation that will work best will be “I am always ready and willing to take responsibility and I always give by best and achieve best results”
There are tools to make affirmations even more effective and I will share those in my subsequent article!
Until then, create the best positive thoughts Affirmations for yourself, and let us know if you need help with them.
Keep looking at this space to know more!
This article was contributed by Mrs. Pooja Sharma Narang.
Mrs. Narang is a professional Reiki healer @ The Silver Lining. She is a passionate healer who several years of experience in transforming people’s lives. To address mind, body, relationship, and other wellbeing issues, connect with her and learn more on her page. Find your Silver Lining!